Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Expanding your Taste

                      GOAT MILK TASTES GOOD...HUH?






  As I do my daily chores, my thoughts went back to a time when I would not have remotely considered owning a dairy goat, much less drink their milk. 

I did not grow up on a farm and experience fresh milk. Therefore was not exposed to anything different than my own family traditions of eating, and drinking. Locally grown foods were not something I ever heard of, much less ate. 

                                                            



                                                                                   
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Homemade Cajeta (Caramel Sauce)



As an adult, I have opened my mind, and tastes in terms of consuming a variety of foods. Anyone can change their eating habits. It is a conscious choice made daily when you open that refrigerator or cabinet. One that is also made when planning your meals and shopping for groceries.


Goat milk is one among many of those healthy foods. We have raised our dairy goats for almost five years now. It is one of the best decisions we've ever made, for our family and our farm. I had no idea of what I was missing! 

                                                              
Chocolate Goat Milk Fudge




The homegrown, and or local foods are something that I did not have as a child, but will dutifully and gratefully provide to mine.


                                                                                      
Various goat cheeses I've made




No comments:

Post a Comment